Monday, November 18, 2013

Color Run

Before the run
Have you heard of the Color Run? For my birthday this year I decided that I wanted to do something fun and healthy. So Kurtis and I ran the color run together. And honestly I can't remember what he did for the rest of the day because it was so long ago.

This was out first 5k, and it really helped us catch the running bug. Which to be honest I am still not completely in love with. The thing that I love so much about themed races, is the fact that you are have fun. And thus, completely forgetting that you are running.

Now that Kurtis and I have done 3 themed races, I have come to the conclusion that neither of us are particularly good looking while running. I mean let's be honest, no one really is. The only people who look beautiful after running for 3 plus miles are ridiculously good looking people who don't sweat, and are always smiling.

BTW my theighs are not that big, those are packets of color!



Crossing the finish line together!


If you ever see pictures that the organizations themselves post on Facebook, or on their websites. They are always of happy, smiling, beautiful people, who look even more amazing covered in mud, and or colored chalk. I mean come on ! I see these pictures on Pinterest of amazingly beautiful people running and it gives me false hope.  A hope that if I sign up for this race, I too will be beautiful, fit, and look even more adorable covered in Color. And soon my adorable picture will be all over the internet and I will be the new face of whatever themed race I choose... This my friends is not true. And for proof I submit these photos to the jury.

I guess it is true... the camera adds 10 pounds and ruins my self confidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment